blastLincoln

Campaign against the Faldingworth explosions nuisance

Your comments

Let us know how the Faldingworth explosions (and other nuisance caused by the site) are affecting you by leaving a reply below. Please keep it short and non-libellous!

8 Responses to ' Comments '

1. Lu Lakama said,
    on February 29th, 2008 at 10:46 pm

Following the meeting in Faldingworth village hall, it was really very interesting to hear so many valid and obviously well considered points from the local residents.

The explosions are unpleasant, they are damaging property, they are almost certainly damaging house prices, and although any sensible person understands that this MOD work is important, there ARE better, Non-Residential places for it to be conducted.

Kind Regards

2. james said,
    on March 3rd, 2008 at 11:46 pm

A place that is used for god knows what now and was used to store nukes in the past.
    Any connection to these undergound tests and the recent earthquake??

come on that site is pretty close to the epicenter..

more of us need to be asking questions..

3. Sandra Bye said,
    on March 10th, 2008 at 11:40 am

I am really upset by these explosions. We came to Newtoft in December 2007 having moved from france after 17 yrs there. We lived in a very rural setting and thought that newtoft was beautifully peaceful, quite and spacious. I have written to the Market Rasen Times and complained about the explosions, i have also written to the MP Mr Leigh. I have also been in touch with the council who has just sent me a reply stating lots of ACT this and ACT that.

It is quite obvious that this man Mr Briggs couldnt care less about man nor beast and is very rude and ignorant from what i have heard.

We had friends to stay and they couldnt understand what was happening, also our dog is traumatized and dives upstairs under the bed and wont come out until dusk. Cracks have appeared on the walls of the house and i put it to Mr Briggs that everyone cant be wrong and only him right. He suggests that the Red Arrows make far more noise, well i have to say that they dont shake my house so they can pass whenever they like.

It is very dissapointing to know we have bought a house like this and being old age pensioners we cant move on as we dont have the money so we are stuck with this situation unless someone can do something about it.

Please help us.

Regards

Sandra Bye

4. S. Clark said,
    on March 10th, 2008 at 5:40 pm

If anybody would like to know a very detailed history of Faldingworth as an explosives depot. It can be found at http://www.subbrit.org.uk/rsg/sites/f/faldingworth OR via Googlearth. zoom down to faldingworth RAF Maintenance unit (yellow dot) and click on it.
    This history takes you up to quite recent times

5. adam the cabbie said,
    on April 9th, 2008 at 12:05 pm

just a couple of things maybe the peolple who live near this place could help me with. Is there a helicopter like this one flying in and out of the base?

if so this aircraft is registered at the address you gave for Mr Briggs with the civil aviation authority. However there are no regestered insurance details or a no flight declaration for this aircraft and its current status is de-regulated.

also there is another company registered at Mr Briggs’ “home address”

i dont know if any of this helps your cause but i hope it does.

6. rik spencer said,
    on May 25th, 2008 at 4:51 pm

i went to this place for alook and take sum pics and the police turned up.1st they said “sum one called them” then they said “sum one stopped them” the site is massive(with a built in lake) double fenced and senors standing 3ftish with in the gap on the fence.the police tool my details ect.. which they put into another book not there own note book.they didnt say anything about the pics(like can they have alook or can i get rid of them ect…)its a very strange place mybe they did test a “earthquake bomb” ect…

7. Kentucky said,
    on July 3rd, 2008 at 5:56 pm

good luck,

8. Sonya Thomas said,
    on November 4th, 2011 at 10:18 am

Dear all, just wanted to have a real moan about these explosions as I am spitting feathers at the moment!! I was out walking my 5 dogs in a field at Newtoft on Thursday and the ammunition/fireworks started to go off. Two of my dogs are petrified of these bangs and immediately bolted for home, they ran out onto the road and it was fortunate that a vehicle was not coming as they would have been killed and possibly the driver injured or worse. I phoned the council when I got in and they told me to sign up for the email alerts when the bombs are going off on their website, which I have. The explosions started again on Friday morning which according to the website were not planned!!? I was told by the council to keep my dogs on the lead when out walking which they are in public places but when they are in an open field I like to let them run. I am a responsible dog owner and my dogs have a good recall they are frequently off the lead and are not bothered by most things even bird scarers, but like a lot of pets they do not like fireworks. I feel as though we are being made prisoners in our own home and surroundings. If we have to live with this bombardment then at least have a date and time slot for every explosion and ensure it is adhered too and put on the website. A lot of activity is taking place that the council seems unaware of and certainly not willing to do anything about!!!